Job$mart week Baruch Zicklin School of Business
New York, NY
How to live a courageous life aligned with your values
• Learn first-hand from Executive Coach, ISILAY CABUK, how she used her values to drive her career choice and how being courageous created her dream career
• Find out how to become aware of your values and to then live courageously, professionally, and personally without sacrificing them
• Interactively discuss how self-awareness can help us do what we love and are best at!
“Action without vision is only passing time, vision without action is merely day dreaming, but vision with action can change the world. “ - Nelson Mandela
WHAT IS A VISION BOARD:
We all know what a vision board is:
A collage of images and words representing a person's wishes or goals, intended to serve as inspiration or motivation.
WHY VISION / ACTION BOARD IS DIFFERENT:
As Nelson Mandela says without action our visions stay on the board and never becomes our reality.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Come prepared to set your intentions for 2018 and beyond. This is a guided event and will start at 6:00PM sharp. We will start with a 2 min guided meditation to clear our minds and set the stage for visualizing our goals. What do you want to accomplish in 2018?
A vision is a destination. It’s a vivid description of what “success” looks and feels like for us—what we are able to achieve, and the effect it has on our lives. A big benefit of visioning is that it helps us stay on track and gives us something to move forward. It’s easier to keep going when we’ve already committed that we’re going to get a successful conclusion, and when we all know what that conclusion is.
Visioning exercises can help in all areas of life, including Career & Finances, Relationships, Health & Wellness and Personal Growth. We will visit all these areas and maybe more be depending on your needs. At the end of the workshop, you will have a plan to follow, the skills and techniques to achieve your goals and to continue with your visioning exercises to apply to all aspects of your lives.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• All the materials (poster boards, a variety of magazines, scissors, markers, glue) for the workshop.
• Complimentary wine and snacks.
WHAT TO BRING:
• Bring your favorite magazines if you like
• Optional: A picture of yourself that you really like (this is your vision board and your picture should be on it)
Create your 2018 Vision-Action Board
Texas A&M University